9.01.2007

what a deal....

ok, i just had to blog about the deals i got last night when we went to the vera bradley outlet sale.

a little history:
for those of you who don't know me -- i am a vera bradley addict. love them. it all started 2 years ago when a group of my bible study friends bought me a bermuda blue baby bag for my baby shower for jesiah. i was looking for a baby bag - that would be good for 2 babies, since jordyn was only 19 months old when jesiah was born. my friend beth had a sherbet baby bag for her baby girl, emma (who is no longer a baby, she just turned 3!) and said she loved it. she started my obsession with vera bradley. thank you for getting me addicted, beth!

the obsession:
anyway, ever since then i have been obsessed. i have quite a collection. i have received every single one as a gift from all different people in my life! i love them -- love them. can not part with a single one of them.

the deal (part 1)
ok on to the deal that i found... a few weeks (months?) ago, i received an email from vera bradley in regards to the outlet sale coming to charlotte. i thought, wow, fun! but thought how cheap could they be? i put it out of my mind until last weekend when my mom asked if i was going. i told her i didn't think so, she reminded me that my birthday was coming and if i wanted to get something(s) that i should go. then on thursday my friend kristen called to see if i wanted to go with her on friday and i couldn't go with all 3 boys. i still was not convinced that there would be deals.

the deal (part 2)
well, yesterday she called me and told me how CHEAP everything is. and i mean CHEAP! kristen is a fru - gal so i knew she meant business! then i called all my vera bradley groupies and told them of the deals kristen got! that is when it all started. and my mom reminded me again of my approaching birthday!!! thanks mom!!!

so last night stephanie, dianna and i drove to the merchandise mart in charlotte. we met up with amy and chelsea and amy's future sister in law, katie. we had a BLAST!!! it was so much fun.

the real deal...

i came home with 10 pieces for about $100!!! yes i said 10 things for $100! i got 2 puppy collars and 1 leash, 2 belts, 1 watch, and 4 bags!!!! all for like $108. i was soooo excited. just to give you an idea of the deals:

~the leashes and collars were $1-$2 each (retail $17-$20)
~the watch was $16 (retail $95)
~ the belts were $2 (retail $26)
~ the bags i got were: a backsack ($34 - retail $ 55), a lindsay ($17 - retail $67), a julie ($17 - retail $69 , a molly ($11 - retail $44) )

ok, so if you LOVE or even like vera bradley -- you have gotta go!! today is the last day -- until 8 pm. they are putting out boxes of stuff as you shop and marking prices down as you go!!!

i can not wait until next year. i hope it will return to charlotte, i think this year was the first year here.

oh one more thing...
before we left the van, stephanie stopped us from rushing in there and she prayed that we would find some deals!! God was all over this one!! thank you Lord!!!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Just got back from the sale - not as much merchandise today as there was yesterday, but an absolute ton of people. We waited in line for 2 hours to check out. I was a little disappointed as I didn't get everything I was hoping to, but got at least 1 thing I wanted. Maybe next year!!! Glad you got such great deals.

4torock said...

AWESOME!!- Can't wait to see all your VERA!! :) Hope u r having a great day!