5.29.2008

catching up...

God has been working on my heart a lot lately. And in the midst of the busyness, I am trying to obey. The last few weeks have been unbelievably busy. Its hard to believe I have had a chance to listen. I am looking forward to sitting here in about a week and being able to breath a sigh of relief, because I will have made it through this busy season. It is the end of the school year for Joshua so I have been extra busy with end of the school year stuff for him and next week is going to be just as busy. I have volunteered this year as his teacher's room mom (there are actually 2 of us working together - praise God for my co room mom, Amy) and we have a lot going on. Jordyn's dance recital is this weekend - I am so excited for her!! She is thrilled to be on stage. So this weekend will be busy with rehearsal and the actual recital. Next week, our big event for Safe Journey will take place. I volunteer on a small team who helps plan events and help run the meetings for Safe Journey. Elevation partners with Safe Journey to provide support to teen moms. The Senior girls in this group will be having a graduation ceremony next week and our team has planned and organized the event. I have also had a lot of volunteer work come through with my E-Kidz volunteer position. I also planned a baby shower for my dear friend, Chelsea last week.

And while all of this has been going on I have graciously and joyfully accepted the title of "aunt" again. I am so excited. I haven't posted about this new honor for privacy reasons. But I am so excited to be able to share on my blog loud and clear now!!! About 6 weeks ago, my best friend Amy, got a phone call that they were chosen to be parents of twin baby girls who were not yet born! On May 12, the girls were born. They were seven weeks premature but doing great! Yesterday was a big day because the waiting period for the mother's termination of rights to the girls was up!! The babies can be officially adopted by our dear friends Amy and Ken!!!! They are the sweetest babies. I am so excited to be an aunt. One of the babies is home already and the other will be following early next week!!! Today, I got to have my first official job as babysitter!!! It has been a busy time for them and for me because I have been helping them out in anyway I can!!!

So I just wanted to write a quick update on what has been going on around here. I promise to write some more in depth posts (with pictures!) after I get through next week! And with any luck I should be up and running on a new laptop. I have really really missed mine!!!

In the midst of this busyness, I have realized once again, I have taken on too many things. I have vowed again not to overcommit myself. I want to be able to enjoy a relaxing summer with my kids. I also want to spend some time planning for our baby girl who will be here before we know it. I am almost 20 weeks - halfway there! In the midst of this busyness, God has really spoken to me about where my priorities need to be and has shown me some areas where I need to cut back and get rid of. That is hard for me. But I am going to do it!

No comments: