10.18.2007

traffic jam

this is a first for me (to post on my blog). this is a personal prayer i wrote today during my quiet time (reflecting on the dominate prayer journal) inspired by a dear friend today during a long conversation.

today, Lord, i need a clear vision - a completely clear vision of the calling that you have on my life. i feel like i am at an intersection and in the middle of a traffic jam. i just can't get through the intersection. and i know if i did get through, which road would i chose? i don't know. i am asking for you to specifically tell me what your will is for me. all of these desires and passions have been placed in my heart. and i don't know which one or which ones i should follow. Lord, i need you to fine tune and show me which ones are your will. they are all great dreams, passions and ideas but Lord, i can't do it all, unless you clone me and make me into three. dear Jesus what is your vision for me and where do you want me positioned during this season of my life? i want to know how i am suppose to effectively serve you Lord, my family, my church, my friends and whoever you place in my life. where do you have me and where do you want me? is it to be a full time stay at home mom? is it to work part time? it is to balance career and family? is it for me to go back to school for my nursing degree? is it for me to serve at church and where and what kind of commitment level? show me, tell me Lord. where, what, how, when, why? Lord, you know the answers and only you. i give up complete control and place this in your hands. tell me how to get through this traffic jam and which road to take.

3 comments:

Ken, Amy, & Will (for now) said...

your title and analogy is much more adorable than mine! i promise when i figure it out, i will let you know. in the mean time, just know that we all support you and God loves you. no matter what His path, it will be glorious!

Because of Love said...

Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog! It really encouraged me. Believe it or not, that was just the little stuff that happened last week. I think that God is trying to teach me patience or something. This week has been much better!

Lori and I were talking about your hubby the other day at lunch and how he is so sweet! It looks like you are just as sweet as he is!

I am so glad that we got to meet. I hope that we can get to know each other better!

Anonymous said...

i know that you're facing a lot of choices and questions right now. just know that i am praying for you. sometimes that sounds so cliche and not very helpful, but it is truly the only thing that i (or anyone) can do to make a difference. not that you need to be reminded, but it helps me to know when people are praying for me and i wanted to let you know the same. love you!