9.09.2009

never again...

i was completely thrown off by the three day weekend, i really thought tuesday was monday. thinking it was monday, i realized i needed to go get some groceries for the week. so i packed up all four kids and headed to the store. my least favorite thing to do. and not fun with all four kids. it was not a good experience. i won't go into the details. i fear i might start having near heart failure by just revisiting the experience.

and to make matters worse, as i started shopping, i received a phone call from my sweet friend who was heading to my house for a playdate. i had completely forgot that it was tuesday, i really thought it was monday. thankfully she was flexible and forgiving and came over a little later than we had planned.

on my way home from the shopping trip, i called jamil and told him if i ever speak of taking all four kids to the store ever again, he has to perform an intervention and tell me no! i will never ever do it again. mark. my. words.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

A few months back, I had a similar near death experience taking all 4 of my kids to Target...I have not taken them back since...actually I have hardly been back myself, so in hindsight I guess it was a profitable experience!

Holly Furtick said...

You really need to try online grocery shopping!

Susan said...

Been there, done that! I do everything in my power to not take the kids with me. I usually only have Davis when I go shopping, but even then, it's no fun. Grocery shopping should be done alone - it goes by much faster and I'm much more sane when I get home!

Terri said...

I am so sorry, Dawn! I try to avoid taking kids to the store. I have always told my husband that when I am going grocery shopping, I am going to work -- no kids allowed! You could always try the online shopping for groceries. Then you just have to drive up to pick up. And holidays do really throw off the week... especially with trying to get into a new routine and groove. I pray the rest of your week is better!!! Blessings!