12.18.2007

honoring my husband...

since it is our anniversary, i wanted to brag on my husband and lift him up a little bit!! like every other wife, i declare that my husband is the best!! jamil is an awesome husband, a wonderful father and a faithful Christ follower. i couldn't have asked for a better man or a better partner.

he supports me and helps me with whatever i need. he helps out with the kids and the household to dos. there is always something to do and it seems like all kinds of stumbling blocks get in our way, but jamil has the most positive attitude and outlook on every situation. he relies on God for his daily encouragement and fulfillment and he passes that on to me. not always in his words, he can be kind of quiet, but always in his actions.

he strives to make the best decision, even if it is to tell me or the kids no to doing something or getting something we want. even if the decision turns out to be a wrong one (not to say i was right), he learns from his mistakes and moves on.

all around and inside out, jamil is a wonderful person with a wonderful heart. he is loyal and faithful. he is loyal to us and to those he interacts with. he loves to serve others, encourage others and minister to others. that is where his passion lies. and he does that on a daily basis to me and our family.

words can not even begin to express how honored i am to have him as my husband. words can not described how blessed i feel to be his wife. i met jamil at a time in my life where i was not in a relationship with God and jamil was a big part of my decision to accept Christ as my savior. he was a shining example of Christ' s love! and he still is today. i am very thankful that God blessed me with a man like jamil.

jamil, i love you and eight years does feel like eighty --- eighty wonderful years!!

4 comments:

johanna said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Chelsea said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love you both very much.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, Dawn! I guess you have heard the good news about Erin and Brian--we will have another wedding to celebrate very soon!!

Ronna said...

sorry sorry, this is kinda late...
but HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!
you guys are amazing. love you! ♥