7.30.2007

back in the swing of things...

it is really hard to believe that school started today and it is time to get on a schedule, no more lazy days of summer, not that with three kids they are ever lazy.

this morning i started off my day with a quiet time, i got up a little after 6:00 and for those of you who know me, i am not really a morning person. it has been on my heart and i have heard God speak to me over and over about my prayer life and quiet times. they are pretty few and far between. i am always praying as i go about my day, but really sitting, listening and studying, i don't do that much. my dearest friend, amy and i are going to begin this week holding each other accountable for our quiet times.

we are reading "what happens when women say yes to God" by lysa terkeurst and doing the bible study.

the biggest piece of information that i took with me throughout my day was....
whatever God says do, do it!
and pair that with the scripture from Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding;but in all of your ways acknowledge Him and He will set your path straight.

those two things have stuck in my mind and heart throughout the day. i desire to be obedient to His will and have that be noticeable to those around me. i want to be able to tell stories (in my blog) that show obedience and how God will work in our lives if we follow what He says to do.

No comments: