11.13.2007

emotional hangover...

Do you have it too?

It is Monday and it has been a long and exhausting weekend, physically, emotionally and even spiritually. By using the word exhausting I don’t mean it in a negative sense. Perhaps there is a better suggestion for that word, but I couldn’t think of it.

Yesterday was the BIGGEST day ever. It was one of the BEST days at Elevation Church. I was amazed by our Dominate Sunday. We had this HUGE tent and both campuses of our church (which combines 5 services) came under one tent to initiate our capital campaign. It was an awesome experience and I was so glad to be a part of it. A few Sunday nights ago, we attended the Leadership Commitment Event and that was so moving. This was just as great, just on a different scale. I woke up yesterday an emotional wreck. Happy, sad, angry… you name it … I felt it. I was on the verge of tears or letting them roll all day long.

I was able to help our friends who are moving tomorrow by keeping their three boys while they packed their Uhaul. When they came to pick up the boys, it was our time to say good bye. It was a really hard time for all of us, both families. I had figured I had cried enough during the day that there would be nothing left – wrong – some how I had some more toxins that needed releasing.

Saturday we had an extremely busy day, I went to Dream Dinners with Amy, then we picked up one of the my kid’s Christmas gifts (from Craig’s List!! – which was a divine appointment in itself that I will write about later). Then the afternoon Joshua and Jordyn did a shoot for a TV trailer (that also requires its own post!)

On Friday night we were blessed by some wonderful friends, Kelly and Larry, who kept our children along with their four children (yes, that is seven children all seven years and under – they are my heroes!!) so that we could go on a date night, which was also a blessing we received to be able to do that.

So, all that to say is that I think I am on an emotional hang over today. I have been exhausted and just not feeling like myself. Anyone have any good recipes to cure this one???

1 comment:

4torock said...

HMMMMMM.... Hot tea anyone?? That always sooths me ( and ever since Chelsea mentioned it I have wanted it like EVERYDAY!! :) LOve ya and can't WAIT to read about all the other posts u have to do!! LOL!! Have a great day!
Kate