1.06.2010

five hundred (plus one)...

happy, happy five hundred posts to me and my little blog!!

to celebrate the occasion, i am going to post a few little facts and some thoughts i have on my blog and on blogging...

a few quick facts...

...i have posted five hundred posts (plus one) on my blog as of this past weekend. blog posts 500 & 501 were posts closing out 2009 with christmas pictures. what fabulous timing. i could not have planned that better myself. oh and i didn't, that was completely unplanned. but oh how fun!!

...i do have 50 (yes i typed 50 "5-0") posts in draft form that i need to polish and post. they are full of random ideas that i have started but never completed. i will have to work on those, i am sure that they will not all make it to published form, but what a good start for a new year of blogging!!

...i started my blog in june 2007. i officially wrote and published my first post on blogger on june 28, 2007. in may 2007, i actually started keeping a blog on my space, (remember when that was "cool"?) i wrote a few posts there and liked it so much i started my very own blog! a few months ago, i went back to my space and copied and pasted those blog posts and created posts here, they are still in my draft box. i will have to publish those soon!

...when i first started blogging, my blog was called "my j crew" which is our family nickname. last year i changed it to its current title "more than we can imagine". also, i have changed my background and layouts more times than i can keep up with!

...i love reading blogs too! i have 75 blogs that i follow/subscribe to on google reader. i have some blogs listed on my side bars. i am continually adding new ones to my reader and they don't always make it to the side bar. if you don't see yours there and would like me to read yours, leave me a comment and let me know! i would love to come and visit your blog. that is how i have found a lot of the blogs that i read, by bloggers who leave me comments! i have met lots of people through the bloggy world. i think it is so much fun meeting and learning about other women and how they are living out their lives as wives, moms and daughters of Christ.

...i decided to start a blog for a few reasons. i actually think i have a post in a draft form that expresses the reasons why i blog, but until i get that posted... i enjoy writing. i enjoy sharing what i have learned in hopes that it will help my reader in whatever way. i love showing off pictures of my kiddos and tell stories about my family and everyday life. i use my blog as a way to "scrapbook & journal". i also do some creative writing. i truly enjoy sharing God's word. i seek to praise Him in all that i write. i also love to share how He is at work in and around me. i can't imagine not having a relationship with Him, i don't know how i would survive each and every day without Him. especially when it comes to mothering my children. i know that God is using and will continue to use my blog to bless another woman. i see my blog as a ministry and am constantly seeking how He would use me through my blog.

so that was a little bit about my blog...

ok, here is where you come in, i need your help... please do me a favor if you have never left me a comment, but read my blog, please leave me one. i'd love to know you were here! and if you have left a comment before, feel free to leave me another one. i love reading your comments. i also love to leave comments and do so regularly!

one thing that i am all about is being transparent and real, and i do that the best way i can, but i am wondering, is there something i haven't shared on my blog that you would like to know about leave me a comment and ask me, i will try my best to answer it!!

thank you so much for reading my blog! i do hope that you will come back again!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations on 500 and one!!! I love following your sweet family through your blog.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through another blog and I read it regularly! You have a beautiful family and it makes me more excited and anxious to meet my future daughter! (I'm due in 5 weeks)! Have a great Thursday!

Susan said...

Congrats on 500 (plus 1).... i am still under 300! Keep writing!

Melanie said...

Wow Dawn! Congratulations on 500+1 posts! That is really quite an accomplishment! I have been blogging a little over a year & just counted up my posts & I'm only at 80! But it got me thinking of how I can celebrate my 100th post!
I enjoy reading your blog & hearing what God is doing in your life & what He is teaching you. And I love the pictures of your sweet family! I'm thankful for all of the neat people I have met through blogs, like you!
Happy New Year & Happy Blogging!

The Andlers said...

I found your blog while blog-hopping one day and I have enjoyed reading about your family. I live in the charlotte area so it is neat to read about others who live in the area. I don't read every post, but I love looking at pictures. I also enjoy reading about families with more than 2 children. We have one little girl and some days I can't imagine having 2 much less 4 or more. But we do want more children and I know we will love it.